Warren Buffett’s 10 Rules for Success
I’d like to think that many of us have our own personal set of rules for success. Recently, an image started floating around on LinkedIn and Instagram depicting Warren Buffett’s 10 Rules for Success. Naturally, I was excited when I realized many of his rules align with mine. Below are a few of my favorites.
- Find Your Passion: This is easily one of my favorites. If you are fortunate enough to find what you are truly passionate about, and work towards growing that, you will inevitably succeed. One of our core values at ABS is to be Passionate. Being passionate simply creates a waterfall effect for success and we wouldn’t be where we are today without the passionate people here at ABS.
- Read, Read, Read: I take this one to heart. Whether it’s audible, kindle or hardback book, I make it a point to read as much as I possibly can. You’ve got to invest the time and do it in order to remain in a growth mindset, stay relevant and on your toes at all time.
- Schedule for Your Personality: As a non-morning person, this is a big one for me. My team knows that I’m at my best after quite a few cups of coffee. My most productive and inspired meetings don’t usually happen before 10:30 AM and according to Warren Buffett, that’s completely OK.
- Always Be Competing: Your next competitor might be 12 years old right now. Don’t let up on the competition today, tomorrow or 50 years from now.
- Give Unconditional Love: This one truly hits home. Giving back to the community is a value that my father engrained into ABS from day one and one that we still hold true today. As an organization, we provide charitable donations, volunteer our time and do what we can to make our communities a better place. What’s even better is that our employees take this to heart and carve time out of their own lives to give back as well. I say it all the time, but I’ll say it again because it’s true, we really do have an amazing, caring team here at ABS.
Those are my favorite rules for success but I of course agree with all of Warren Buffett’s Top 10. The great thing is that I actually learned many of the rules I mentioned above from my father. However, I know none of us should simply stick to one particular list. We all need to live in an open-minded growth mindset where we constantly add other rules and adapt. I truly believe it’s the only way to really grow.
As the CEO & Visionary of ABS Technology, Hunter Dorroh works tirelessly to steer ABS towards success by putting his employees (or his ‘family members’ as he often refers to them as) communities, and customers first – always.