ABS Technology Return Policy
Our objective is to provide our valued clients and partners with a fair and equitable return policy. Unless there is a separate, written agreement with ABS, all returns are subject to specific manufacturer published guidelines or distributor partner restrictions.
We will do everything in our power to make the return turnaround time as fast as possible. Unless unusual circumstances arise, such as seeking manufacturer exceptions for special order products, we expect the average turnaround time for a return to be approximately EIGHT WEEKS from the time that we receive the request, to the time that the return is closed and credit is issued.
To request a product return, follow the instructions below to complete and submit a request form to your ABS Sales Representative within 30 days of invoice. Unless specified otherwise, product return requests must meet the following guidelines:
FACTORY SEALED PRODUCT: Unopened product return requests must be initiated within 30 days of invoice.
OPEN BOX / NON DEFECTIVE PRODUCT: Open Box and Non-Defective product return requests are strictly based on the manufacturer’s return guidelines and restrictions for your return. Approved open box return requests must be returned complete and include the original boxes, packing materials, and other accessories provided by manufacturer. Requests must be initiated within 30 days of invoice.
DOA / DEFECTIVE: DOA/Defective product, defined as non-functioning or malfunctioning product that is discovered after opening the box, must be reported within the first seven (7) days of delivery receipt. DOA/Defective product may be returned for an equal exchange following manufacturer warranty procedures. In most cases troubleshooting is required before a return authorization will be issued. If any portion of the original packaging and/or accessories is missing, the return may be denied at the discretion of ABS.
SOFTWARE / LICENSES: Boxed software and software license returns are strictly based on the manufacturer’s terms and conditions for return. Software is not returnable if the packaging has been opened or if the software has been downloaded.
SPECIAL ORDER PRODUCTS: Special order or custom products are only eligible for return if the manufacturer grants an exception. This includes, but is not limited to, product without original packaging, discontinued merchandise, and special order, custom-built, or pre-configured product.
Return approvals are contingent upon manufacturer policies and are not guaranteed. Upon approval, a Return Approval Form containing the Return Material Authorization (RMA) number and product return instructions will be provided. The RMA number is valid for 15 days from issuance.
Product Return Guidelines
The safe return of product is the sole responsibility of the individual or business returning the product. ABS cannot be held responsible for product given to an ABS employee at any time. Return shipments arranged by ABS will be subject to a $15.00 shipping fee per box for standard ground shipments.
A copy of the Return Approval Form should be included in each package and all returns must be shipped to the address provided in the instructions. The RMA number must be placed on the exterior of the package. Product without outer box, or damaged in shipping due to improper packaging will not be accepted. Rejected product will be returned to the requestor and subject to a $50.00 rejection fee.
Returned product that is outside the scope of return approval will not be accepted. Out of scope product will be returned to the requestor and subject to a $50.00 rejection fee.
An RMA number does not guarantee final disposition. All returns are subject to final inspection and testing. Product returned that is not 100% complete may be returned at the client’s expense or liquidated with the proceeds to offset any open receivable balance.
Credit for Returns
Any credit issued under this return policy must be used within twelve (12) months from the date of issuance and may be used for future purchases of Product and/or Services. Any credit or portion thereof not used within the 12 months will be returned or applied to any open receivable balances.
- Request a return for your item(s), using the following steps:
- Download the return request form at the bottom of this page.
- Complete the appropriate contact and purchase order information.
- Ensure part number, quantity, and reason for the return is complete for all items.
- Email your completed return request form to your ABS Sales Representative.
- If the request is incomplete or ineligible, a member of the ABS team will contact you for a resolution. If resolution is not in progress within 7 days, the request will be closed.
- If the return request is approved, an email with your Return Approval Form will be sent to you. RMA numbers are valid for 15 days.
- Once you have received return approval, please package the item(s) according to the instructions provided to you. Be sure to mark each outer packaging box with your RMA number, and send to the address provided in your return instructions.
- If product is deemed incomplete or ineligible upon return, a member of the ABS team will contact you for a resolution. If resolution is not in progress within 7 days, the RMA will be closed as-is. Applicable credit, less any restocking, rejection, or transaction fees, will be issued for all accepted product. Ineligible and rejected product will be returned to you.
- If product is successfully returned, credit is issued to your account, less any applicable restocking or transaction fees.